07 December 2006

Urban Wow

Earlier this evening, I had the chance to check out some blogs in other areas that deal with urban planning, walkable communities, and downtown development. I urge all to check these out.

Living Urban Sac - A blog that looks at downtown Sacramento development. Very good stuff.

Living First - A great article from Vancouver (I believe the first Columbia Association president, John Slayton (Slayton House!) was from Vancouver) that talks about urban living and in my opinion, is in line with Columbia, though on a smaller scale. It is also of note that Vancouver has been designated one of the World's most livable cities.

LJ Urban - A developer (yes, a developer) with a fresh approach.

Now, to be clear, I do not want Columbia to be Sacramento or Vancouver, I want it to be Columbia. But as we struggle with downtown issues, here are two cities that have struggled and (based on your point of view) succeeded with providing a vibrant downtown experience for their citizens.

Check 'em out. Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The sprawl term page was interesting.